Saturday, September 2, 2017

Reaching Ruby ...

Guess what guys, we're getting closer and closer to reaching our sweet girl and bringing her home!

Using a super fun timeline predictor, I'm able to guesstimate when I might travel ... and according to that, it's possible that I could be meeting Ruby as soon as mid October!!!  Guys - that's like six weeks away!!!  (and, of course, it could be longer than this {technically it could also be quicker} - the process goes how it goes and it is so unpredictable - but knowing there is even a possibility of it going quickly, I have one thing on my mind - making sure that the finances do not slow us down!)

I am so anxious and excited and all the things - LET'S GET OUR GIRL HOME!

The last time I broke down the financial pieces here, we had $8,190.54 to go to being fully funded.  We've come pretty far in just under three months, but we're still not quite there with the finances.  We also realized that some of the travel expenses are estimates and are highly likely to be more than anticipated.  With that knowledge, I bumped our fully funded goal up by $1000 - and I'm praying that will be enough to cover anything beyond what we expect.

I am thrilled to share that (counting some fundraising money that isn't actually into our fund yet, but we fully expect it to come through) we are now only about $3000 away from our fully funded goal!

So, remember that puzzle I launched way back in January?  I'm doing a relaunch!!!

This fundraiser was my most favorite idea of all the ones I found and I so desperately hoped it would be a huge success.  We still have more than half of the pieces unsponsored!  I am eager to finish it up so I can get it framed and put on our wall before Ruby comes home - this will be a forever treasured keepsake for her to be able to see so many people that helped to bring her home!

To sponsor a puzzle piece, simply donate $10 to our Reece's Rainbow FSP then send me a screen shot of your receipt and I will get your name on a puzzle piece!!!  I share these as a thank you and to see the progress our puzzle is making - and then share the puzzle once a week to watch the photos unveil as it comes together!

This is our puzzle right now ...




and to give you an idea of what's left ...



Total pieces: 252

Sponsored: 104

Available: 148

That's a bunch more photos to be revealed and those dollars will get us nearly half of what is still needed to bring our baby home!  AND as a bonus - every puzzle piece sponsored here will also unlock a piece of our virtual puzzle that is revealing our most recent photo of Ruby - and, I may be biased, but I definitely think you'll want to see her sweet face and how she has changed in just a few short months!

Here's a collage of where we're at with the virtual puzzle!  It has 63 pieces and so far 25 have been unlocked!


We so immensely appreciate everyone who has and will help us - we absolutely could not do this without each of you!  You are a part of something truly amazing and witnessing this process has been so eye opening and so beautiful for me.  I knew that I was this girl's mama in a moment ... reaching her has been the number one goal for the past ten months - then we can all begin our forever together!

Thank you!










No comments:

Post a Comment